Goal of the Month

Last updated : 06 April 2008 By Andy Beill
City started the month in 8th place, but after 6 wins in 8 games finish it in 3rd place, 2 points off the top. The Tigers scored 18 goals this month, and you can choose from the best of them in the latest poll.

In the first home game of the month, Richard Garcia scored from 30 yards to make it 2-0 against Burnley.

Against Scunthorpe, Michael Turner headed home Andy Dawson's corner.

Fraizer Campbell opened the scoring against Southampton. Dean Marney picked him out with a long pass from deep inside his own half, and the striker knocked the ball past the on-rushing goalkeeper with his left foot.

Southampton went 2-0 down 9 minutes into the second half when Henrik Pedersen smashed the ball home following a long throw-in into the penalty area.

2 minutes later, Michael Turner got the third. Southampton gave away a free kick, from which Dean Marney picked out Turner to head in from six yards out.

Dean Marney was on the scoresheet himself. Campbell laid the ball off and Marney smashed it in from 25 yards, giving the Southampton keeper Michael Poke no chance.

Bryan Hughes completed the 5-0 demolition of Southampton in injury time. Fellow substitute Michael Bridges passed to Hughes on the left-hand-side of the area and he curled in his first goal for the club.

Having already scored the opener, Fraizer Campbell got the second at Colchester from Pedersen's assist. Two defenders couldn't stop him as he wrongfooted the goalkeeper with a good finish.

Caleb Folan made the 3-1 win safe 3 minutes from time, rounding Colchester's keeper Dean Gerken to score.

City were back on the road four days later at Leicester, and went in front just before half time. Campell crossed and Dean Marney scored from six yards out.

Caleb Folan made it 2-0 in the 77th minute. Neil Clement played him in and after the Leicester defenders' call for offside was turned down, he finished with a low shot.

Michael Turner wasted no time in scoring his third of the month and fourth of the season in the match against Watford. With less than a minute on the clock, he was first to Dean Marney's free kick to head it in.

Fraizer Campbell made it 2-0 after just 13 minutes. Watford centre back Danny Shittu headed the ball out to Henrik Pedersen. He volleyed it in and Campbell diverted it into the bottom corner.

Both players were again involved in the final goal that made it 3-0. Pedersen battled to keep the ball and Campbell played it first time over the top. Caleb Folan held off Watford defender Leigh Bromby before sliding the ball under goalkeeper Richard Lee. For the third successive game Folan scored after coming off the bench.

Find the 'Your Vote' box on the right-hand-side of the homepage by clicking this link.