Reading may give a debut to Sean Morrison and are assessing Matt Mills, who missed the game against his former club Doncaster because of a leg injury.Forward Noel Hunt and midfielder Jem Karacan both came off with knocks in that game and are doubtful.
Hull City are boosted by the timely return of defenders Liam Rosenior and Paul McShane.
Rosenior has missed the last three games through suspension and McShane because of a shoulder injury.
These teams are joint top of the Championship's 'form table' based on the last six matches, and both have won their last two games. Hull, whose last win against Reading was in 1992, continue to recover well from a bad start to the season, while the Royals are one place outside of the play-off spots.
Reading are particularly strong at home, where they are unbeaten in seven Championship outings. Previously, that would have been an ominous sign for Hull, whose away form over a long period was poor.
But the Tigers are harder to beat on the road these days, having gone eight away league games without losing. A victory on Saturday would see them complete three league wins in a row for the first time since they won four on the trot in the top flight in October 2008 - a sure sign of their progress.
For City to do that they will have to overcome a side whose battling qualities are underlined by how strongly they tend to finish matches. Reading have scored 10 goals this season in the final five minutes of games - more than any other second-tier team - and are yet to concede in the final 10 minutes.
• Reading are unbeaten in six matches against Hull, who are yet to win at the Madejski Stadium.
Have your say on this match
• Hull have scored one goal in each of their last six games against the Royals.
• Reading have taken 13 points out of the last available 18.
• They have won three home matches and drawn four since their last defeat on their own patch: a 1-0 loss against Swansea on 16 October.
• Goalkeeper Adam Federici is set to make his 100th league appearance.
• Hull are yet to lose a game this season after scoring the first goal, and yet to win one after conceding the opener.
• Like Reading, they have taken 13 points out of the last possible 18.
• James Harper and Liam Rosenior could both play against their former club.
• Jimmy Bullard is in line for his 300th career appearance.
Source: BBC Sport
Source: BBC Sport