Portsmouth will be without Greg Halford as the on-loan defender is suspended following his red card during Saturday's defeat against Watford.But striker Dave Kitson returns from a one-match ban and winger Liam Lawrence is available after completing his permanent switch from Stoke.
Hull City are set to give a debut to new signing Matty Fryatt.
Defender Liam Rosenior is suspended after being sent off against Fryatt's former club Leicester.
Portsmouth have taken a total of two points from their last three matches and are looking to bounce back from a defeat at Watford, where they were beaten 3-0 and comprehensively outplayed.
Hull are also hoping to atone for a poor result, having lost at home to boss Nigel Pearson's former club Leicester on Saturday - a result that left the Tigers 16th in the table, one place behind Pompey on goal difference.
City's loss was a setback for them as they had looked much improved in recent weeks, and Pearson could not hide his disappointment after it, describing the performance as their worst of the campaign. He has certainly tried to kick-start Hull's season, recently capturing strikers Aaron Mclean and Matty Fryatt in an attempt to give them more firepower.
Fryatt, who was signed from Leicester last week and did not feature in the defeat against them, is likely to be a key player for his new club as they look to climb the table during the second half of the campaign.
• Portsmouth are unbeaten in the last 10 matches between these clubs.
Have your say on this match
• Hull's last win against Pompey - and their only away victory against them in the last 40 years - was a 3-1 triumph in the old Second Division in September 1988.
• Since a run of six wins from seven matches, Pompey have won only two of their nine subsequent games.
• If selected, Hayden Mullins will be making his 500th career start.
• Hull are unbeaten in their last seven away matches.
• The Tigers have the joint weakest attack in the Championship. Along with Sheffield United, they have scored only 23 goals in 24 games.
Source: BBC Sport
Source: BBC Sport