Hull City's original home.

It was the Boulevard that was the first home of the Tigers. Hull City signed a contract to be allowed to use the ground when not required for Rugby League for the princely sum of 100 per annum. The initial contract length was three years but problems caused by a Rugby League ruling which closed the ground after trouble following a Hull FC game. This resulted in the Tigers being also banned from playing including an embarrassing last minute cancellation of game against FA Cup holders Manchester City that had to be played on the Anlaby Road Cricket Circle. This event forced the Club to consider its future and was the catalyst for a move to a more secure location.

The link with the Boulevard has continued through the last century. In 1944-5, Hull City were forced to use the Boulevard due to the destruction of the Anlaby Road ground by German bombing and poor condition of the planned Stadium at Boothferry Road.

In the 1990's, the Tigers have been linked with potential moves to the Boulevard on a number of occasions. The first instance came when David Lloyd was both owner of Hull City and majority shareholder in Hull Sharks. It was suggested that the Tigers would share a ground with the Rugby "Super" League strugglers whilst a new "Super Stadium" was built at Kingswood near Bransholme. It was planned that the two teams would then share the new stadium.

Since the Kingston Communications Stadium was opened in December 2002, the Boulevard has been surplus to requirements. It is owned by Hull City Council.