The Kempton

The East Stand is more affectionately known as 'Kempton'. This stand is also a shadow of it's former glory (well, capacity anyway!). Originally Kempton wasd planned to be an all seater, two level stadium and the present covered standing, which was completed in 1951, was designed to be temporary.

Boothferry Park is one of the few Stadia to be served directly by a railway service and Boothferry Halt, the platform used for this service, is directly behind the East Stand. This service was stopped in the early 1990's due to lack of demand and safety concerns. In its day, the sight of hundreds of Hull City faithful disembarking and heading into the ground was impressive to say the least.

The entrance to the East Stand

The stand has recently been renovated using money from the Football Trust which resulted in a long closure between the summer of 1999 and February 2000. This followed a closure in 1996 which was followed by reopening after remedial work in 1997 with a lower capacity.

Kempton is a favourite of many for the excellent view and atmosphere even if the toilets are far from satisfactory and the queue for refreshments can be rather long.

Kempton viewed from Bunkers Hill

The stand was last full to over flowing for the Bank Holiday clash with Scarborough during the 1998-99 Great Escape season when over 14,000 saw the Tigers draw 1-1.

Kempton viewed from South Stand Seats